Southrepps woman who lost four stone to launch north Norfolk slimmers support group
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk woman is relaunching a dieting support group for residents in a coastal village.
Susie Coney, 62, from Southrepps is set to reopen the Mundesley slimming world group on Tuesday, October 2.
Mrs Coney lost more than four stone ahead of a once-in-a-lifetime motorcycle tour of France and Spain, with her husband John, 63.
She said: 'I had been a member of Slimming World years ago and successfully lost weight.
'When I walked through the doors at the Mundesley group in May 2017 I was greeted in the same friendly, way as before and felt at ease.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a fantastic regime and no foods are prohibited - even fish and chips.'
And after nine months, Mrs Coney hit her goal weight and had dropped four dress sizes.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Trees planted as part of community project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
She said: 'It has given me back health and confidence.'
The group will meet at the Royal Hotel, Mundesley, on October 2 at 5.30pm.
For more information on joining the group, call 07944 753764.