Southrepps woman who lost four stone to launch north Norfolk slimmers support group
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk woman is relaunching a dieting support group for residents in a coastal village.
Susie Coney, 62, from Southrepps is set to reopen the Mundesley slimming world group on Tuesday, October 2.
Mrs Coney lost more than four stone ahead of a once-in-a-lifetime motorcycle tour of France and Spain, with her husband John, 63.
She said: 'I had been a member of Slimming World years ago and successfully lost weight.
'When I walked through the doors at the Mundesley group in May 2017 I was greeted in the same friendly, way as before and felt at ease.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a fantastic regime and no foods are prohibited - even fish and chips.'
And after nine months, Mrs Coney hit her goal weight and had dropped four dress sizes.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 5 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 6 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 7 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 8 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 9 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
She said: 'It has given me back health and confidence.'
The group will meet at the Royal Hotel, Mundesley, on October 2 at 5.30pm.
For more information on joining the group, call 07944 753764.