Village society to showcase the settlement’s living history
- Credit: Archant
The faces and scenes of Southrepps's past will go on show at a 40th anniversary event of the village society.
The Southrepps Society is hosting the 'Memories Day' so people can see the photo collection gathered at previous meetings and add to the village's shared history by bringing their own photos along.
Carol Needham, the society's secretary, said: 'The idea is to show people what we have in the archive and get them to bring along more photos, hopefully some more recent ones.'
Members of the society have produced a DVD and a book showcasing the north Norfolk village's history, and these will also be on display at the event.
The Memories Day will take place at the village hall in Chapel Street on Saturday, February 24 from 10.30am to 3.30pm.
Entry is free and there will be refreshments and homemade cakes.
Call Mrs Needham on 01263 834242 for more details.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 6 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar