Sophie joins the News team at Cromer
Sophie Wyllie is the latest recruit to the North Norfolk News' team of reporters.
The 25-year-old was born in Norfolk, went to school at Thurston in Suffolk, and has a BA Honours degree in journalism from the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
During a gap year she did voluntary work in Peru, helping children with learning disabilities and teaching English.
After two years on a twice-weekly paper, she joined the News' parent company Archant in September 2011 and has been working at Dereham before her move to Cromer.
Sophie has just qualified as a senior reporter and is looking forward to working in north Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The keen walker, who enjoys the Peak and Lake districts, also 'likes the seaside the rugged local coastline', she said.
She also cycles and goes to the gym in her spare time, enjoys local produce and good food - and is preparing for her wedding in May to former EDP crime correspondent Ben Kendall who is now the East Anglian reporter for the Press Association news agency.
- 1 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 4 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 5 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 8 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Sophie is contactable on 01263 513160 or email@example.com.