Sophie joins the News team at Cromer
Sophie Wyllie is the latest recruit to the North Norfolk News' team of reporters.
The 25-year-old was born in Norfolk, went to school at Thurston in Suffolk, and has a BA Honours degree in journalism from the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
During a gap year she did voluntary work in Peru, helping children with learning disabilities and teaching English.
After two years on a twice-weekly paper, she joined the News' parent company Archant in September 2011 and has been working at Dereham before her move to Cromer.
Sophie has just qualified as a senior reporter and is looking forward to working in north Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The keen walker, who enjoys the Peak and Lake districts, also 'likes the seaside the rugged local coastline', she said.
She also cycles and goes to the gym in her spare time, enjoys local produce and good food - and is preparing for her wedding in May to former EDP crime correspondent Ben Kendall who is now the East Anglian reporter for the Press Association news agency.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 7 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 8 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 9 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 10 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
Sophie is contactable on 01263 513160 or email@example.com.