Sophie joins the News team at Cromer
Sophie Wyllie is the latest recruit to the North Norfolk News' team of reporters.
The 25-year-old was born in Norfolk, went to school at Thurston in Suffolk, and has a BA Honours degree in journalism from the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
During a gap year she did voluntary work in Peru, helping children with learning disabilities and teaching English.
After two years on a twice-weekly paper, she joined the News' parent company Archant in September 2011 and has been working at Dereham before her move to Cromer.
Sophie has just qualified as a senior reporter and is looking forward to working in north Norfolk.
The keen walker, who enjoys the Peak and Lake districts, also 'likes the seaside the rugged local coastline', she said.
She also cycles and goes to the gym in her spare time, enjoys local produce and good food - and is preparing for her wedding in May to former EDP crime correspondent Ben Kendall who is now the East Anglian reporter for the Press Association news agency.
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 5 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 6 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 7 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 10 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
Sophie is contactable on 01263 513160 or email@example.com.