New model train shop for Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Model railway fans on the north Norfolk coast may have lost one specialist shop, but they need not despair.
Smith's Model Railways is taking over the closed Auto Loco shop in Station Road, Sheringham.
Owner James Smith posted a notice on the shop window, which says: "We've noticed we've sparked a lot of interest while emptying the shop, hence you're reading this note. Auto-Loco has unfortunately closed down.
"The good news is that Sheringham is not losing a model shop as we are bringing a new lease of life to it.
"We're giving it a lick of paint, fitting new fixtures and fittings and stocking a large range of new and used model railway items ranging from O to N gauge including die-cast vehicles, scenery, locos, rolling stock, and accessories."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith, 21, added: "I believe the former Auto-Loco shop has been closed since the start of the new year.
"We are currently an online firm that began in December last year and this will be us expanding into our first shop.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 6 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 7 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 Firefighters called to North Walsham kitchen blaze
- 10 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
"I've had a passion for model railways since I was a young boy when my parents bought me my first train set for my eighth birthday. I've always wanted to own my own model shop and I decided to take the plunge and go for it.
"My vision is to change the old and dated stereotype that comes when you think of a model shop. Confusion, chaos and that awful smell.
"We're creating a modern, clean and very pleasant shopping experience for everyone to enjoy and hope to be open in October."