New model train shop for Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Model railway fans on the north Norfolk coast may have lost one specialist shop, but they need not despair.
Smith's Model Railways is taking over the closed Auto Loco shop in Station Road, Sheringham.
Owner James Smith posted a notice on the shop window, which says: "We've noticed we've sparked a lot of interest while emptying the shop, hence you're reading this note. Auto-Loco has unfortunately closed down.
"The good news is that Sheringham is not losing a model shop as we are bringing a new lease of life to it.
"We're giving it a lick of paint, fitting new fixtures and fittings and stocking a large range of new and used model railway items ranging from O to N gauge including die-cast vehicles, scenery, locos, rolling stock, and accessories."
Mr Smith, 21, added: "I believe the former Auto-Loco shop has been closed since the start of the new year.
"We are currently an online firm that began in December last year and this will be us expanding into our first shop.
- 1 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 2 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Peter Smith: 'The holes in the fabric of our town'
- 5 Have your say: 7 projects that could 'regenerate' Cromer
- 6 Mammoths 'return' to north Norfolk in GoGo sculpture trail
- 7 'A fantastic four days' - North Walsham enjoys return of Funday
- 8 Rare chance to travel on historic trains during railway's Vintage Week
- 9 Three-bed barn conversion at Norfolk beauty spot up for sale for £1.25m
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
"I've had a passion for model railways since I was a young boy when my parents bought me my first train set for my eighth birthday. I've always wanted to own my own model shop and I decided to take the plunge and go for it.
"My vision is to change the old and dated stereotype that comes when you think of a model shop. Confusion, chaos and that awful smell.
"We're creating a modern, clean and very pleasant shopping experience for everyone to enjoy and hope to be open in October."