Skeyton resident is glowing after competition win
- Credit: Archant
SKEYTON resident Jo Mortimer will be celebrating a cosy start to spring thanks to Rix Petroleum (East Anglia) Ltd and the North Norfolk News.
Jo was the lucky winner of 500 litres of heating oil worth around £250 from the family company in a competition run through the newspaper.
She took delivery of the fuel earlier this month, from the company's Attleborough depot.
Jo said that she rarely entered competitions but had picked up a copy of the newspaper when she saw the chance to win the heating oil advertised.
'I get the paper every once in a while,' she said. 'But seeing the possibility of winning the heating oil spurred me on to buy it. After all, you haven't got anything to lose by entering, have you?'
You may also want to watch:
Jo said she found out she had won just a few days after entering.
'I was absolutely shocked and totally thrilled,' she said.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 3 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 4 New summer car parks to open on coast
- 5 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 6 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 8 'I love the out-of-season peacefulness' Q&A with Graham Jones
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Pub shuts for 10 days - a few days after reopening
'It takes the pressure off a bit. I know the price of oil has come down recently but it is still a large part of your household budget, so knowing that we're fully stocked up is a really good feeling.'
Jon Dench, manager of Rix Petroleum (East Anglia) Ltd, congratulated Jo on her win.
He said: 'We like to give people the opportunity to win 500 litres of fuel, delivered free to their door, after all, it's a good feeling to know you are fully prepared for all the British weather can throw at you.
'It was a great pleasure to deliver to Jo and I'm pleased she is the lucky and deserving winner. It will certainly help her and her family keep warm until the better weather is upon us.'