Skeyton resident is glowing after competition win
- Credit: Archant
SKEYTON resident Jo Mortimer will be celebrating a cosy start to spring thanks to Rix Petroleum (East Anglia) Ltd and the North Norfolk News.
Jo was the lucky winner of 500 litres of heating oil worth around £250 from the family company in a competition run through the newspaper.
She took delivery of the fuel earlier this month, from the company's Attleborough depot.
Jo said that she rarely entered competitions but had picked up a copy of the newspaper when she saw the chance to win the heating oil advertised.
'I get the paper every once in a while,' she said. 'But seeing the possibility of winning the heating oil spurred me on to buy it. After all, you haven't got anything to lose by entering, have you?'
Jo said she found out she had won just a few days after entering.
'I was absolutely shocked and totally thrilled,' she said.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
'It takes the pressure off a bit. I know the price of oil has come down recently but it is still a large part of your household budget, so knowing that we're fully stocked up is a really good feeling.'
Jon Dench, manager of Rix Petroleum (East Anglia) Ltd, congratulated Jo on her win.
He said: 'We like to give people the opportunity to win 500 litres of fuel, delivered free to their door, after all, it's a good feeling to know you are fully prepared for all the British weather can throw at you.
'It was a great pleasure to deliver to Jo and I'm pleased she is the lucky and deserving winner. It will certainly help her and her family keep warm until the better weather is upon us.'