Show-ho-ho! Cromer Pier’s Christmas spectacular shatters audience records - and 2016 dates are revealed
- Credit: Archant
A festive seaside variety show has broken records after a deluge of new viewers.
The 11th Cromer Christmas Show, at the Pier Pavilion Theatre, saw a 58pc attendance rise across the 41 shows - up from 8,000 in 2014 to 12,800 in 2015.
The month-long run featured local comedian Olly Day, Gorleston-based magician Steve Zebs and the Seaside Special dancers.
Cromer Pier is managed by Openwide Coastal, on behalf of North Norfolk District Council.
General manager Jo Artherton said: 'We have extended our marketing reach over the last year and been very proactive with contacting groups and encouraging families to come and see the show.
'The 2014 show received such great feedback that it set us in good stead for the 2015 show, with lots of customers returning and new customers trying us out.
'We are experiencing younger families coming to see the show and the feedback we are getting is confirming that our Christmas Show is fast becoming a family favourite in comparison to other Christmas productions around Norfolk.'
- 1 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 2 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 7 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 8 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 9 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
She added: 'Audiences bought a total of 2,802 tubs of ice cream and 805 programmes, which is nearly double compared to what we sold in 2014.'
? Tickets are already on sale for the 2016 shows, which run from Saturday November 26 to Friday December 30. Tickets can be bought via the box office, in person, on 01263 512495 or at www.cromerpier.co.uk