Norfolk town set to lose two long-standing businesses
- Credit: Archant
Two long-standing businesses are leaving Holt town centre for different reasons.
Indigo Bay Trading Company will close at the end of May and the Passion of Flowers, both in Market Place, closed earlier this week.
Neither owner wanted to give their name, but the proprietor at Indigo Bay said they were closing, after 10 years, mainly for personal reasons.
The owner of the flower shop said she had relocated her business to Sheringham, where she will work from home, after 20 years in Holt.
She said: 'The lease was up and it's not a reflection on Holt.'
You may also want to watch:
However, shoppers have taken to a Facebook group for the town to express their disappointment.
One woman said: 'Such a shame. Last Saturday I went to Sheringham, which was packed. Then I came to Holt and the town was very quiet - such a difference.'
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
Another person added: 'The high streets will have to evolve or die.'