Norfolk town set to lose two long-standing businesses
- Credit: Archant
Two long-standing businesses are leaving Holt town centre for different reasons.
Indigo Bay Trading Company will close at the end of May and the Passion of Flowers, both in Market Place, closed earlier this week.
Neither owner wanted to give their name, but the proprietor at Indigo Bay said they were closing, after 10 years, mainly for personal reasons.
The owner of the flower shop said she had relocated her business to Sheringham, where she will work from home, after 20 years in Holt.
She said: 'The lease was up and it's not a reflection on Holt.'
You may also want to watch:
However, shoppers have taken to a Facebook group for the town to express their disappointment.
One woman said: 'Such a shame. Last Saturday I went to Sheringham, which was packed. Then I came to Holt and the town was very quiet - such a difference.'
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 3 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 8 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
Another person added: 'The high streets will have to evolve or die.'