Shopkeeper warned vandals of injury risk
A shopkeeper has warned vandals of the dangers of kicking windows after his showroom front was smashed.Razor sharp shards of glass were left hanging at Horsford Windows shop in Prince of Wales Road at Cromer after a weekend attack.
A shopkeeper has warned vandals of the dangers of kicking windows after his showroom front was smashed.
Razor sharp shards of glass were left hanging at Horsford Windows shop in Prince of Wales Road at Cromer after a weekend attack.
Police are investigating the incident, but John Marney, who runs the shop, was keen to put out a warning to others.
“The glass is like a knife. Somebody could lose a leg doing something ridiculous. It is frightening what could have happened,” he said as he surveyed the daggers of glass behind his boarded up broken window.
The company had been seeking to replace the 6mm plate glass, with safety glass, but struggling to convince conservation officials. It would now be done, with the company picking up the bill.
But with nearby West Street also having suffered broken windows in recent times, Mr Marney wanted to alert people to the possible consequences of their actions.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
Norfolk police confirmed they received reports of criminal damage to a property on Prince of Wales Road just after midnight on Monday October 13 when a front window was smashed. Inquiries were being carried out and anyone who was a witness or with information should contact Cromer police on 0845 456 4567.