68-year-old Norfolk woman training for charity bike ride after cancer treatment
- Credit: Archant
A woman is training for a charity bike ride as part of her recovery from breast cancer.
Maureen Poulter, from Sheringham, is taking part in the Sportive on Sunday, July 15 raising money for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital Breast Cancer Fund.
The 68-year-old, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2016, said: 'I had six rounds of chemotherapy and a mastectomy followed by another four rounds of chemo at the end of April last year.
'I then had radiotherapy at the end of May so this will be the first event I have done since my treatment.
'I really wanted to do something to challenge myself, and to say thanks to the hospital for the care and treatment I received.'
You may also want to watch:
The Sportive offers 100, 60 or 30-mile routes - Mrs Poulter is doing the 30 - and all start and finish on Colney Lane, Norwich
To enter, go to www.pushsport.co.uk/nnuh-100
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history