Affordable housing and care home bid a 'win-win' for Sheringham
- Credit: Google
A development of 24 houses and a 70-bed care home in Sheringham has been described as a "win-win" for the town.
The scheme, called West Wood, would be located in Weybourne Road, next to The Reef, the town's new £12.7m pool and leisure centre which is due to open this year.
A planning application has not yet been submitted, as the bid is still in the pre-planning phase and the developers are asking for feedback.
The site, at the western entrance to the town, is currently owned by Hollands Sheringham.
If planning permission is granted, the land would be sold to Flagship Homes, with half of the funds then granted to Sheringham Town Council.
The remaining money would be donated to charities including Sheringham and District Sports Association and Woodfields School.
You may also want to watch:
The response has been positive, with one woman saying: "I can’t help but feeling excited and hopeful for the young and elderly of Sheringham."
Another commented: "It's definitely a win-win for the town."
The plans can be viewed at www.sheringhamwestwood.co.uk, until October 27.
- 1 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 2 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 3 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 New cancer care centre officially opens on north coast
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop