100 years after Armistice Sheringham youth drama raises money for veterans
- Credit: Archant
A youth drama set in the First World War has raised money for a charity helping military veterans.
Sheringham Little Theatre's production of The Battle of Boat saw a young cast highlight the camaraderie and rivalry among local gangs as they dealt with a friend going off to serve his country in the 1914-18 conflict.
Collections over the three-night run, staged by the venue's youth musical theatre group, raised £215.37 for the Royal British Legion and its Halsey House home in Cromer.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'The show was a great success, earning standing ovations from the audience, and giving a real buzz to the young people who took part.
'Raising funds for the Legion, to help their welfare work with people who have also served their country, was an added bonus.'
To find out about the next youth production at Sheringham Little Theatre call 01263 822347.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers