Sheringham purse and phone snatch alert
People have been urged to keep their mobile phones and purses secure after a spate of thefts at Sheringham.A woman had had Nokia mobile stolen in the town last Thursday after being jostled by two females after she had withdrawn money from a cashpoint on High Street.
People have been urged to keep their mobile phones and purses secure after a spate of thefts at Sheringham.
A woman had had Nokia mobile stolen in the town last Thursday after being jostled by two females after she had withdrawn money from a cashpoint on High Street.
In two similar incidents on the same street two days earlier a purse containing a small quantity of cash was stolen from a handbag which was on a pushchair, and a woman had her purse stolen from her handbag after she had withdrawn cash from a supermarket.
Police have warned people to be on their guard, as opportunist thieves step up the stealing of unattended or insecure items as the weather improves.
You may also want to watch:
Simple security measures, such as keeping purses, bags and wallets concealed, will prevent people being targeted by 'purse dippers'.
Anyone with information about the incidents should contact Sheringham Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer