Youngsters’ rendition of Rod Stewart hit set to feature on new CD
- Credit: Archant
The voices of 40 budding young singers will be heard in harmony with north Norfolk songsters the Shantymen, on a new CD featuring a cover of Rod Stewart's classic hit Sailing.
After spending an afternoon rehearsing, the seven-11-year-old members of Sheringham Primary School's junior choir joined the popular group to record the 1975 number one song in the school hall.
Shantymen musical director Brian Farrow said group members had been 'incredibly impressed' with the youngsters' efforts, which will feature on the group's eigth CD, due out later this year.
He added: 'The children are as keen as mustard, they are incredibly well-trained and we were thoroughly chuffed to work with them.'
Thanking the Shantymen, choir leader Jenny Skivington said: 'We feel really honoured to be asked, it's a chance for the children to experience a much fuller sound, which we couldn't recreate as a school choir.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 4 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 5 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages