Youngsters’ rendition of Rod Stewart hit set to feature on new CD
- Credit: Archant
The voices of 40 budding young singers will be heard in harmony with north Norfolk songsters the Shantymen, on a new CD featuring a cover of Rod Stewart's classic hit Sailing.
After spending an afternoon rehearsing, the seven-11-year-old members of Sheringham Primary School's junior choir joined the popular group to record the 1975 number one song in the school hall.
Shantymen musical director Brian Farrow said group members had been 'incredibly impressed' with the youngsters' efforts, which will feature on the group's eigth CD, due out later this year.
He added: 'The children are as keen as mustard, they are incredibly well-trained and we were thoroughly chuffed to work with them.'
Thanking the Shantymen, choir leader Jenny Skivington said: 'We feel really honoured to be asked, it's a chance for the children to experience a much fuller sound, which we couldn't recreate as a school choir.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen