Youngsters’ rendition of Rod Stewart hit set to feature on new CD
- Credit: Archant
The voices of 40 budding young singers will be heard in harmony with north Norfolk songsters the Shantymen, on a new CD featuring a cover of Rod Stewart's classic hit Sailing.
After spending an afternoon rehearsing, the seven-11-year-old members of Sheringham Primary School's junior choir joined the popular group to record the 1975 number one song in the school hall.
Shantymen musical director Brian Farrow said group members had been 'incredibly impressed' with the youngsters' efforts, which will feature on the group's eigth CD, due out later this year.
He added: 'The children are as keen as mustard, they are incredibly well-trained and we were thoroughly chuffed to work with them.'
Thanking the Shantymen, choir leader Jenny Skivington said: 'We feel really honoured to be asked, it's a chance for the children to experience a much fuller sound, which we couldn't recreate as a school choir.'
- 1 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 2 Town centre toilets to close for six weeks
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 5 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 6 Artist donates painting to fund in memory of Cromer teenager
- 7 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k
- 8 'He inspires me' - Alice preps for marathon with her dad
- 9 Human rights monolith to be unveiled on village green
- 10 Dog-walking field plans given green light