Parents complain about ‘missing’ roundabout in Sheringham playground
- Credit: Archant
Parents in Sheringham have complained after the removal of a piece of play equipment from one of the town's play areas.
The roundabout from the park at the Burlington Hotel, on The Esplanade, was removed last month.
Samuel Wright, 33, said: 'The roundabout is missing.'
Mr Wright, a groundworker, added: 'My children missed it today. I do hope the rest of the park is not being removed.'
Steve Shuter said: 'Soon it will be a large sandpit which is just what the children need at the seaside.'
Tim Read said: '[It's] really terrible. They should at least replace it with something.'
And Wendy Witherspoon asked: 'Is it completely empty, as it looks like the tower and slide have gone, plus the sit on springy rides?'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
A spokesperson for North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) said: ''The roundabout, which was more than 20 years old and had come to the end of its life was removed by the district council last month to ensure the park remains safe for children to enjoy.
'There are no current plans to remove any other pieces of equipment at the play park and consideration will be given to a replacement for the roundabout in due course.'