Parents complain about ‘missing’ roundabout in Sheringham playground
- Credit: Archant
Parents in Sheringham have complained after the removal of a piece of play equipment from one of the town's play areas.
The roundabout from the park at the Burlington Hotel, on The Esplanade, was removed last month.
Samuel Wright, 33, said: 'The roundabout is missing.'
Mr Wright, a groundworker, added: 'My children missed it today. I do hope the rest of the park is not being removed.'
Steve Shuter said: 'Soon it will be a large sandpit which is just what the children need at the seaside.'
You may also want to watch:
Tim Read said: '[It's] really terrible. They should at least replace it with something.'
And Wendy Witherspoon asked: 'Is it completely empty, as it looks like the tower and slide have gone, plus the sit on springy rides?'
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 6 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 7 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 Park cafe reopens indoors after months of al fresco service
- 10 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
A spokesperson for North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) said: ''The roundabout, which was more than 20 years old and had come to the end of its life was removed by the district council last month to ensure the park remains safe for children to enjoy.
'There are no current plans to remove any other pieces of equipment at the play park and consideration will be given to a replacement for the roundabout in due course.'