Parents complain about ‘missing’ roundabout in Sheringham playground
- Credit: Archant
Parents in Sheringham have complained after the removal of a piece of play equipment from one of the town's play areas.
The roundabout from the park at the Burlington Hotel, on The Esplanade, was removed last month.
Samuel Wright, 33, said: 'The roundabout is missing.'
Mr Wright, a groundworker, added: 'My children missed it today. I do hope the rest of the park is not being removed.'
Steve Shuter said: 'Soon it will be a large sandpit which is just what the children need at the seaside.'
You may also want to watch:
Tim Read said: '[It's] really terrible. They should at least replace it with something.'
And Wendy Witherspoon asked: 'Is it completely empty, as it looks like the tower and slide have gone, plus the sit on springy rides?'
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
A spokesperson for North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) said: ''The roundabout, which was more than 20 years old and had come to the end of its life was removed by the district council last month to ensure the park remains safe for children to enjoy.
'There are no current plans to remove any other pieces of equipment at the play park and consideration will be given to a replacement for the roundabout in due course.'