Tots enjoy pancake-flipping fun in traditional Shrove Tuesday races
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at Sheringham's Ladybird Pre-School Nursery put their pancake-flipping skills to the test, in sponsored Shrove Tuesday races held in front of an audience of friends and parents.
The three and four-year-olds took turns to sprint up and down the Cromer Road group's playground carrying plastic frying pans containing miniature pancakes cooked up by nursery leaders, also tucking in to pancakes with various toppings at snack time.
Cash raised by the tots will go towards a £25,000 appeal to raise funds for building alterations, including improved toilets and a room for younger children, which will allow the setting to offer year-round day care from September.
Nursery manager Vanessa Harris said the races had become a highlight of the Ladybird calendar.
She added: 'It is a long-established tradition that both the children and the parents enjoy very much.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer