From folk music to classic films - seaside theatre's January line-up
- Credit: Richard Batson
Folk music from a legend of the genre, a tribute to Elton John and a trio of classic films are all being planned for Sheringham Little Theatre in January.
The theatre has announced an exciting line-up of events for the new year, starting with live performances by folk and comedy performer Richard Digance on January 9 at 4pm and 7.30pm.
Mr Digance, who has been a fixture of the folk music scene since the 1970s, has put off his planned retirement so he can honour all his scheduled commitments that fell victim to Covid cancellations.
The venue will show three films in memory of staunch theatre supporter Julian High: Out of Africa on January 12, West Side Story on January 14 and Carousel on January 17.
Other highlights for the month include George Don’t Do That, a celebration of the humour of Joyce Grenfell, starring Loraine Metcalfe, on January 16 and 23 and a screening of the Keira Knightley film Misbehaviour on January 19.
You may also want to watch:
Manatomy, a poetry reading by writer James McDermott about growing up as a gay man in a homophobic world, will take place on January 22.
Actor and vocalist Harry Williams will perform the Elton John tribute, Rocket Man, on January 30.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid