Raffle raises hundreds for Norfolk hospice
A pre-Christmas raffle held by the seniors' section of Sheringham Golf Club has raised £500 for the Norfolk Hospice.
Norman Harris, seniors' section lead organiser, presented a cheque to the hospice's fundraising co-ordinator, Alice Crome, for the amount, at a handover day.
At the event, Ms Crome thanked the roughly 40 club members present and gave them a brief insight into the work of the hospice.
Mike Jubb, the club's professional, and senior members donated raffle prizes, which raised almost £500, and the final amount was achieved with the addition with a little help from the seniors' fund.
The Norfolk Hospice offers support, care and advice to patients over the age of 18, their carers and families through all stages of their illness.
You may also want to watch:
-Has your club done something to help a charity? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 3 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 4 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 5 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 6 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule