Sheringham Dementia Friendly Community supporters take a stroll along the prom in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Dementia Friendly Community (SDFC) teamed up with the town's carnival committee to mark Dementia Action Fortnight with a sponsored 'memory walk' along the seafront in aid of the Alzheimer's Society.
Representatives from local businesses and nursing homes joined SDFC supporters on a 3.5 mile trek along the promenade to Sheringham golf course and back to the town centre.
SDFC secretary Liz Withington thanked all those who took part, including Sally King and Anita Lusher of North Norfolk Coastal Fitness, who run dementia-friendly exercise sessions for the group.
She added: 'Events like this raise awareness of how as a community, we can make sure that people with dementia can stay as active and independent as possible, they let people know about the support that is available and they encourage more businesses to become dementia-friendly.'
For more information about SDFC,visit the group's Facebook page.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 5 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 6 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week