Norfolk couple bag top B&B title on Four in a Bed
- Credit: Archant
A Sheringham couple are jumping for joy, after outdoing three other B&B owners to win the Channel 4 reality show Four in a Bed.
Christine Hendry and Ian Abernethy, who run Picaroons, in Holt Road, were thrilled to win the long-running programme, but were sworn to secrecy by the show's producers.
"We were chuffed to bits, but it was really hard not being able to tell anyone," Mrs Hendry said.
The show, in which four B&B owners take turns to visit each others' establishments before anonymously rating them in four categories, was screened last week.
Mrs Hendry and Mr Abernethy put their success down to being good hosts and not making disparaging remarks about their competitors.
You may also want to watch:
"We just made a big effort to be ourselves and I think perhaps taking our guests for a trip on the North Norfolk Railway helped swing it - it was by far and away the best event," Mrs Hendry said.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 4 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 9 Bullying claims and defamation payments on agenda for special meeting
- 10 Climate and planning among new councillors' priorities