Norfolk couple bag top B&B title on Four in a Bed
- Credit: Archant
A Sheringham couple are jumping for joy, after outdoing three other B&B owners to win the Channel 4 reality show Four in a Bed.
Christine Hendry and Ian Abernethy, who run Picaroons, in Holt Road, were thrilled to win the long-running programme, but were sworn to secrecy by the show's producers.
"We were chuffed to bits, but it was really hard not being able to tell anyone," Mrs Hendry said.
The show, in which four B&B owners take turns to visit each others' establishments before anonymously rating them in four categories, was screened last week.
Mrs Hendry and Mr Abernethy put their success down to being good hosts and not making disparaging remarks about their competitors.
You may also want to watch:
"We just made a big effort to be ourselves and I think perhaps taking our guests for a trip on the North Norfolk Railway helped swing it - it was by far and away the best event," Mrs Hendry said.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak