‘Who could have imagined so many people raising so much money to see two old heads shaved?’
- Credit: Archant
A Sheringham couple had their locks sheared as part of Macmillan Cancer Support's Brave the Shave campaign.
Brenda and Biz Bizzell, who are volunteers at the North Norfolk Railway, went under the clippers on September 28, when the railway also hosted a coffee morning with cakes and competitions.
A 'rather chilly' Mrs Bizzell said: 'The total for the shave is standing at £1,821, with donations still coming in. The coffee morning raised £851.
'Thanks to all at the railway for their encouragement and support, the many helpers and generous donations, Scissorhands for the shaving, Leigh Caudwell for photography and Holt Minor Miniature Railway for giving their day's takings towards Brave the Shave.
'Who could have imagined so many people raising so much money to see two old heads shaved?
You may also want to watch:
'The proceeds were paid in via the local Macmillan group, so the funds will be ring-fenced for projects in north Norfolk.'
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters