‘Who could have imagined so many people raising so much money to see two old heads shaved?’
- Credit: Archant
A Sheringham couple had their locks sheared as part of Macmillan Cancer Support's Brave the Shave campaign.
Brenda and Biz Bizzell, who are volunteers at the North Norfolk Railway, went under the clippers on September 28, when the railway also hosted a coffee morning with cakes and competitions.
A 'rather chilly' Mrs Bizzell said: 'The total for the shave is standing at £1,821, with donations still coming in. The coffee morning raised £851.
'Thanks to all at the railway for their encouragement and support, the many helpers and generous donations, Scissorhands for the shaving, Leigh Caudwell for photography and Holt Minor Miniature Railway for giving their day's takings towards Brave the Shave.
'Who could have imagined so many people raising so much money to see two old heads shaved?
You may also want to watch:
'The proceeds were paid in via the local Macmillan group, so the funds will be ring-fenced for projects in north Norfolk.'
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk