Sheringham carnival rallying call for key helpers
Sheringham carnival is looking for people to take over key roles as it prepares for its annual meeting.
All five carnival directors are retiring and organisers are seeking people with organisational, accountancy and secretarial skills to join the crew behind the popular and successful event.
Stepping down are chairman Helena Beresford, who will remain on the committee, vice-chairman Martyn Jackson, treasurer John Lessels, secretary Melanie Clarke, and minutes secretary Jane van Poortvliet.
Mrs Beresford said it was vital for people to step forward to take over the key responsibilities. A recent meeting seeking volunteers had brought some interest but she hoped more people would attend the annual meeting at the Morley Club on Tuesday November 9 at 7.30pm and get involved.
Donations of about �2,000 raised at this year's event will also be handed out by carnival queen Rachel Popham and here attendants.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in finding out more can contact Mrs Beresford on 01263 823463.
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 6 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 7 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 Park cafe reopens indoors after months of al fresco service
- 10 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m