Sheringham carnival rallying call for key helpers
Sheringham carnival is looking for people to take over key roles as it prepares for its annual meeting.
All five carnival directors are retiring and organisers are seeking people with organisational, accountancy and secretarial skills to join the crew behind the popular and successful event.
Stepping down are chairman Helena Beresford, who will remain on the committee, vice-chairman Martyn Jackson, treasurer John Lessels, secretary Melanie Clarke, and minutes secretary Jane van Poortvliet.
Mrs Beresford said it was vital for people to step forward to take over the key responsibilities. A recent meeting seeking volunteers had brought some interest but she hoped more people would attend the annual meeting at the Morley Club on Tuesday November 9 at 7.30pm and get involved.
Donations of about �2,000 raised at this year's event will also be handed out by carnival queen Rachel Popham and here attendants.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in finding out more can contact Mrs Beresford on 01263 823463.
- 1 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 6 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 7 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 8 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 9 Car dealership volunteers run transport service to Covid jabs
- 10 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June