Sheringham carnival rallying call for key helpers
Sheringham carnival is looking for people to take over key roles as it prepares for its annual meeting.
All five carnival directors are retiring and organisers are seeking people with organisational, accountancy and secretarial skills to join the crew behind the popular and successful event.
Stepping down are chairman Helena Beresford, who will remain on the committee, vice-chairman Martyn Jackson, treasurer John Lessels, secretary Melanie Clarke, and minutes secretary Jane van Poortvliet.
Mrs Beresford said it was vital for people to step forward to take over the key responsibilities. A recent meeting seeking volunteers had brought some interest but she hoped more people would attend the annual meeting at the Morley Club on Tuesday November 9 at 7.30pm and get involved.
Donations of about �2,000 raised at this year's event will also be handed out by carnival queen Rachel Popham and here attendants.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in finding out more can contact Mrs Beresford on 01263 823463.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 7 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 8 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'