Sheringham Carnival hailed a “huge success” after hundreds turn out for finale
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Carnival has been hailed 'outstanding' by organisers, after hundreds turned out to an evening finale featuring music, a barbecue and traditional games ranging from hook-a-duck to Play Your Cards Right.
Carnival chairman Stuart McClean praised committee members, who had 'pulled out all the stops' to organise a last-minute final day's programme after wildfire fears led to the traditional torchlight procession and firework display being cancelled.
'We didn't just want to go out with a whimper,' he said. 'So we tried to end with a bit of fun and, thanks to an exemplary committee, it was absolutely marvellous, the whole week has been a huge success.'
Part of the high street was closed off for Sunday's finale, which included stalls and dancing, as well as family games ranging from badge-making and tile-painting, to bowling, face painting and a chance to pose for a selfie with the carnival 'royal' family.
Mr McClean added: 'After being hit by poor weather for the crowning day, the highlight of the week for me has definitely been the sunshine.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck