Sheringham Carnival first aid team gets a boost with new 15 mph electric bike
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Carnival first aid lead Ben Sewell is geared up to respond to emergencies in double quick time, thanks to Cromer trader David Wood, who has supplied the trained First Responder with a state-of-the-art electric bike at a £500 discount.
After being contacted by carnival chairman Stuart McClean, Mr Wood, who owns Electrifying Cycles, on Norwich Road, offered to kit the team out with a £1250 Wisper 755 SE bike with panniers.
'The carnival is a good cause, we are very keen to support community events and having the bike will hopefully give people a better chance if there is an emergency,' he said.
Accountant Mr Sewell, who joined the carnival first aid team five years ago, said that as events were now spread over a wider area and first aiders needed to carry more equipment, the electric bike, which has hydraulic brakes and a top speed of 15.5 mph, would be a 'huge boost'.
He added: 'If we do have an emergency such as a cardiac arrest, where every second counts, having an electric bike will enable us to get there much more quickly.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr McClean said: 'I can't thank David enough, the bike is absolutely brilliant and, without a doubt, it could be a real lifesaver.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway