North Norfolk homes left without water hours before Christmas Day
- Credit: Archant
People in north Norfolk were left with no water just a day before Christmas after a 'complex' burst water main cut off supply.
Residents living in Beeston Regis and Sheringham reported trouble with their water supply on Sunday, December 23.
Anglian Water customers on social media reported being told the problem was due to a leak in Beech Avenue, and was originally expected to fixed by 10pm on Sunday.
Jane Sandford commented on the Enjoy Sheringham More Facebook page: 'Very low pressure in Sheringham.'
And Kirsty Long added: 'Leak is on or near the common, still no water.'
Anglia Water reported that the burst power main had been repaired by 2pm on Christmas Eve.
The statement read: 'We're really sorry but some customers in Beeston Regis and Sheringham may have very low water pressure or no water at all.
- 1 Town centre toilets to close for six weeks
- 2 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 3 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 5 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 6 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k
- 7 Artist donates painting to fund in memory of Cromer teenager
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 'He inspires me' - Alice preps for marathon with her dad
- 10 Well-wishers bid farewell to lifeboat legend David Cox
'We're working to repair a burst water main in your area so that we can get your supply back to normal as soon as possible, but it is proving to be a complex job that is taking longer than we had orginally hoped.
'This should now be completed by 3pm today [Christmas Eve] but we'll update this message if anything else changes.
'Again, we're really sorry we've inconvenienced you and thanks for your patience.'
The water company also advised running the tap for a few minutes before using the water after it is switched back on, as it may appear cloudy or discoloured.