Sheringham art group and Oddfellows Hall helped by grants
Two community projects at Sheringham are celebrating getting much-needed grants.
The Open Door Community Art Group and Oddfellows Hall has benefitted from help from the Victory Housing and Norfolk Community Foundation funds, which enables them to continue and provide new activities and events for local people.
The art group, which received �2,000, is run by a group of volunteer artists who have already left their mark on and around the streets of the town. Its next project will be for the carnival and community groups are being urged to join in with the scheme to design and chalk a giant sea-serpent mural winding up the promenade in Sheringham. The artwork is due to last for at least a month.
The group will also be running workshops for the Coast festival in October and once again planning an exciting theme for the Christmas lights this year. For further information about the group visit its website www.open-door-art.com.
The iconic building Oddfellows Hall on Lifeboat Plain received a grant for �3,000 to go towards dry-lining the downstairs function area and installing a second toilet on the first floor.
The building run by Upcher Community Partnership is available for hire to all community groups and individuals for events, conferences or family get-togethers. The partnership is also applying for Lottery funding to enable the hall to become a local access point for information and advice in an informal atmosphere over a cup of coffee.
For further information on the Upcher projects and Oddfellows bookings visit www.experiencesheringham.co.uk or www.upchercp.co.uk, or call 01263 825952.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 10 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win