North Norfolk choir’s ‘come and sing’ appeal
- Credit: Archant
A group of north Norfolk singing fans are appealing to music-lovers to exercise their vocal chords, and join one of the area's most popular classical choirs.
Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society, which was founded in 1933, has a membership of around 100 people of all ages.
The group has a varied repertoire and stages three concerts a year, as well as an annual 'come and sing' event.
Society publicity officer Bob Cumber said the choir would be soon be starting work on the composition Eternal Light, by Vicar of Dibley theme music composer Howard Goodall.
'We would like to invite all singers, experienced or limited to join us,' Mr Cumber said. 'There are no auditions and everyone will be warmly welcomed.'
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society will be hosting an open rehearsal at Sheringham High School at 7pm on Monday, January 15.
For more information, phone 01263 711087 or just come along on the night.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 9 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer