North Norfolk choir’s ‘come and sing’ appeal
- Credit: Archant
A group of north Norfolk singing fans are appealing to music-lovers to exercise their vocal chords, and join one of the area's most popular classical choirs.
Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society, which was founded in 1933, has a membership of around 100 people of all ages.
The group has a varied repertoire and stages three concerts a year, as well as an annual 'come and sing' event.
Society publicity officer Bob Cumber said the choir would be soon be starting work on the composition Eternal Light, by Vicar of Dibley theme music composer Howard Goodall.
'We would like to invite all singers, experienced or limited to join us,' Mr Cumber said. 'There are no auditions and everyone will be warmly welcomed.'
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society will be hosting an open rehearsal at Sheringham High School at 7pm on Monday, January 15.
For more information, phone 01263 711087 or just come along on the night.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show