Sheep die in farm fire near Holt
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt late on Tuesday night.
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.
The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt last week.
Three fire crews attended the blaze and Norfolk fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the roof of the 50ft by 20ft building collapsed and the crews could not save the animals. But they managed to stop it spreading to other buildings on the site.
Investigations were being carried out into the cause but it was not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 9 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 10 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m