Sheep die in farm fire near Holt
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt late on Tuesday night.
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.
The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt last week.
Three fire crews attended the blaze and Norfolk fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the roof of the 50ft by 20ft building collapsed and the crews could not save the animals. But they managed to stop it spreading to other buildings on the site.
Investigations were being carried out into the cause but it was not thought to be suspicious.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 5 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 8 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream