Sheep die in farm fire near Holt
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt late on Tuesday night.
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.
The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt last week.
Three fire crews attended the blaze and Norfolk fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the roof of the 50ft by 20ft building collapsed and the crews could not save the animals. But they managed to stop it spreading to other buildings on the site.
Investigations were being carried out into the cause but it was not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 6 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74