Sheep die in farm fire near Holt
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt late on Tuesday night.
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.
The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt last week.
Three fire crews attended the blaze and Norfolk fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the roof of the 50ft by 20ft building collapsed and the crews could not save the animals. But they managed to stop it spreading to other buildings on the site.
Investigations were being carried out into the cause but it was not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 4 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 5 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 6 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 7 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 8 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 9 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 10 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch