Sheep die in farm fire near Holt
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt late on Tuesday night.
Twenty sheep died in a fire at a lambing shed on a north Norfolk farm.
The ewes and lambs perished when fire broke out in the building at Green Farm, Barningham Green near Holt last week.
Three fire crews attended the blaze and Norfolk fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said the roof of the 50ft by 20ft building collapsed and the crews could not save the animals. But they managed to stop it spreading to other buildings on the site.
Investigations were being carried out into the cause but it was not thought to be suspicious.
- 1 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears