Hairdresser celebrates 40 years of trading in town
- Credit: Archant
North Walsham's answer to Nicky Clarke, Shaun Marshall is celebrating 40 years of being the proud owner of the Snippers salon.
After training in London at Vidal Sassoon and Toni & Guy he has since spent most of his time in Cromer and North Walsham.
He began his career just as blow-drying was taking over from the days of the weekly shampoo and set, but he said it's always been about the cut.
He said: 'Although times and fashions have changed, hair styling is still as much an art form as it ever was.'
He is proud to head up a talented team of stylists and assistants at the state-of-the-art salon in Grammar School Road, and teaches them the core cuts and styling principles.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'It is curious to see how much fashion, hairstyles and haircare products have changed during the last 40 years but wanting to look good is never out of date.
'I make sure we have access to the very latest treatments and equipment. We are often the first in Norfolk to embrace new techniques and products. 'I love being able to help our clients make the best of themselves with a haircut and colour which is stylish, flattering, easy to manage and, of course, instagramable.'
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 4 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
He has won many prestigious awards including the National Hairdressing Federation photo/styling competition of the year, numerous charity hair shows and as an educator for Wella hair care company, and has styled the hair of celebrities such as pop singer Limahl of Kajagoogoo.
But despite rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, he loves nothing better than working with the stylish ladies of Norfolk and bringing the cachet of West London to his salon in North Walsham.
Snippers has just been awarded the first Milkshake Premier Salon elite award in Norfolk,
To celebrate this amazing achievement on September 13, between 9am and 10am, the team and clients at Snippers will be enjoying the full '70s vibe with music, food and fancy dress.