Sharps band in Live and Unsigned show
Richard BatsonA rock band formed at a Norfolk high school is competing in a live show to find the nation's new music talent.The Sharps were born at Aylsham High School, continued when its four members went to Paston College at North Walsham and are still going strong despite them now being at university and on gap years.Richard Batson
A rock band formed at a Norfolk high school is competing in a live show to find the nation's new music talent.
The Sharps were born at Aylsham High School, continued when its four members went to Paston College at North Walsham and are still going strong despite them now being at university and on gap years.
They won their way through the audition state of Live and Unsigned, which is seeking new acts from a spectrum of styles from heavy rock to rap.
The Sharps, who play a mix of rock, Brit pop and progressive with a dash of funk, are twins Kieran (guitar) and Callum (bass) Morgan from Colby, Darby Dorras (guitar) from Thurgarton and Sam Evans from Felmingham on drums.
You may also want to watch:
Kieran, who is currently doing a degree in Popular Music Performance at Solent University said: "This is a huge opportunity for us and we're really going for it - we'd love it if loads of our Norfolk fans can make it on 28th."
The next round is at The Beck Theatre, Hayes on Sunday March 28, when the band will perform a cover and an original piece of music.
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 10 Rare melanistic seal pups caught on camera
The band still plays in Norwich and Norfolk - most recently at the Brickmakers Arms in January - and are also gigging in top music venues around London, including Camden's Purple Turtle and Dublin Castle, and the prestigious Underbelly Bar in Hoxton.
Bands making it through the live show rounds will play at the Live and Unsigned Festival at the 02 in London, where there is a prize pool of more than �60,000.
For more information go to the L&U 2010 website www.LiveandUnsigned.UK.com
Listen to the Sharps' original songs at www.myspace.com/thesharps