Charity run school thanks community for their support as new playground opens
- Credit: PJ Photography
It was a day for heroines and rogues as princesses and pirates took over a preschool playground in north Norfolk.
Students and teachers alike celebrated Seaview Preschool's new play equipment with a dress up day on May 14, and took learning outside with a visit to the beach.
But the shiny new play area and setting is just the first part of a longer improvement, after the preschool was named a beneficiary of the Cromer Carnival parade collection.
Cromer carnival Chairman Tony Shipp said: 'Seaview will be one of the named beneficiaries from this years carnival parade collection and the carnival committee hopes people will give generously so they can continue to improve their facilities.'
A spokesman for the school said: 'We would like to say a big thank you to local businesses, the town council, and parents for their continued support and donations. The support from the local community believing in them as a school has been instrumental in enabling improvements to take place.'
Seaview is a charity run Preschool and has been situated in North Lodge Park since 1973.
Sandra Sayer has recently taken over as manager, and said: 'I can't thank everyone enough, as it means so much to us to see local businesses and community groups supporting us. We can already see the benefits for the children and love to watch them having fun and developing though play. Thank you all so very much for your generosity.'
- 1 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 2 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 3 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 4 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 5 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
- 6 Former RAF building could again house asylum seekers
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Bar and restaurant could open in old coach house
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
The team were proud to receive 'Good' in all areas in their recent Ofsted inspection and are now setting their sights on achieving an 'Outstanding'.
Children between the ages of two and five years old can enrol in the Preschool and there are a few vacancies for September.
Call Sandra on 01263 514028 to arrange a visit and pick up an application form.