Search set to find Aylsham Show’s food heroes
The search for Aylsham Show's food heroes is launched this week at Blickling Hall.
The fifth annual awards will enable North Norfolk News readers to nominate any individual or business working in, or participating in, the food or farming industry in Norfolk.
The competition aims to highlight those who create, produce, cook or market a food product of outstanding quality with passion and enthusiasm.
Nominations can range from farmers to fishermen, chefs to butchers, brewers to bakers... and dinner ladies! The aim is to make people more aware of the breadth and diversity of food and drink available in the county.
Key categories in the Aylsham Agricultural Show Association awards include: use of regional produce in menus; a new food and drink venture; food or drink retailers promoting local produce; and the best food or drink producer.
You may also want to watch:
Poultry farmer James Fowell, of Itteringham, who is show president, said: 'We had a fantastic level of entrants last year, and we are once again calling for the general public to put forward their nominations through the Food Hero Awards.'
The Ken Dye Memorial Salver will be presented at Aylsham Show on Monday, August 29 to the overall champion from the overall categories.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
For full awards details and information on how to nominate, visit www.aylshamshow.co.uk