Search set to find Aylsham Show’s food heroes
The search for Aylsham Show's food heroes is launched this week at Blickling Hall.
The fifth annual awards will enable North Norfolk News readers to nominate any individual or business working in, or participating in, the food or farming industry in Norfolk.
The competition aims to highlight those who create, produce, cook or market a food product of outstanding quality with passion and enthusiasm.
Nominations can range from farmers to fishermen, chefs to butchers, brewers to bakers... and dinner ladies! The aim is to make people more aware of the breadth and diversity of food and drink available in the county.
Key categories in the Aylsham Agricultural Show Association awards include: use of regional produce in menus; a new food and drink venture; food or drink retailers promoting local produce; and the best food or drink producer.
You may also want to watch:
Poultry farmer James Fowell, of Itteringham, who is show president, said: 'We had a fantastic level of entrants last year, and we are once again calling for the general public to put forward their nominations through the Food Hero Awards.'
The Ken Dye Memorial Salver will be presented at Aylsham Show on Monday, August 29 to the overall champion from the overall categories.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
For full awards details and information on how to nominate, visit www.aylshamshow.co.uk