Search set to find Aylsham Show’s food heroes
The search for Aylsham Show's food heroes is launched this week at Blickling Hall.
The fifth annual awards will enable North Norfolk News readers to nominate any individual or business working in, or participating in, the food or farming industry in Norfolk.
The competition aims to highlight those who create, produce, cook or market a food product of outstanding quality with passion and enthusiasm.
Nominations can range from farmers to fishermen, chefs to butchers, brewers to bakers... and dinner ladies! The aim is to make people more aware of the breadth and diversity of food and drink available in the county.
Key categories in the Aylsham Agricultural Show Association awards include: use of regional produce in menus; a new food and drink venture; food or drink retailers promoting local produce; and the best food or drink producer.
Poultry farmer James Fowell, of Itteringham, who is show president, said: 'We had a fantastic level of entrants last year, and we are once again calling for the general public to put forward their nominations through the Food Hero Awards.'
The Ken Dye Memorial Salver will be presented at Aylsham Show on Monday, August 29 to the overall champion from the overall categories.
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 5 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 6 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 7 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 10 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
For full awards details and information on how to nominate, visit www.aylshamshow.co.uk