Magazine names Norfolk beach in its top 10
- Credit: Archant
Sea Palling has been named as one of the top 10 Blue Flag beaches in the UK for 2019 by Condé Nast Traveller magazine.
Blue Flags are awarded annually to the world's cleanest beaches - those with crystal-clear waters, good public access and the highest environmental standards. The lifestyle magazine unearthed the less obvious and most beautiful Blue Flag sands.
In its entry for Sea Palling, it said: "The sand is softer and the sea is calmer than at many of Sea Palling's neighbouring beaches.
"This is thanks to the nine offshore reefs that protect the area from flooding. It's perfect for family days out, as there are cafés, a pub and a small amusement arcade behind the beach, plus a farm shop and stall selling local fish.
"To explore more, walk barefoot until the sands merge into Waxham beach, home to seals and Waxham Barn café - a restored Tudor threshing barn."
For more, visit www.cntraveller.com/gallery/blue-flag-beaches-uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard