School aims for minibus cash
It was five years ago on Friday that a Norfolk special school moved into its new premises.And with the school going from strength to strength, it is now aiming to raise cash for a new minibus to take the students away on school trips.
It was five years ago on Friday that a Norfolk special school moved into its new premises.
And with the school going from strength to strength, it is now aiming to raise cash for a new minibus to take the students away on school trips.
Woodfields School in Sheringham needs to find £15,000 to buy a brand-new minibus that will give children the opportunity to go on residential trips.
It is especially important for the Woodfields pupils as they do not have the same opportunities as other children to go to friends for sleepovers, said headteacher Diane Whitham.
You may also want to watch:
She said that the students were hoping to do their Duke of Edinburgh Award and it was vital for the children to put what they have learnt in school into an everyday situation.
The campaign is being launched as the school celebrates its fifth year in the state-of-the-art premises in Sheringham.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 9 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
Catering for pupils aged from two to 19 with severe or complex learning difficulties, the school was recognised in March for by an Ofsted report as being “outstanding”.
Pictured is Woodfields pupil William Stanbury
To donate to the minibus campaign
@btinternet.com or call 01263 820520.