What next for Saxthorpe family after burst pipe prolongs their misery?
- Credit: Andrea Bell
A family-of-four who were left with no heating in their home for seven days after numerous delays with fuel delivery now have to cope with a burst pipe.
Andrea Bell and her husband Andrew live in a farmhouse in Saxthorpe, near Aylsham, and rely on oil to heat their home.
She said today: 'We had not had hot water for seven days due to the oil running out and the pipes freezing! Now today one of the pipes has burst because of it! We are now calling the supplier to fix it! It is never ending.'
The couple had delayed their oil delivery until February 21 but it did not arrive for another three days, by which time they had run out of oil.
They both took the day off work on Wednesday, February 28, due to the heavy snow, and the oil delivery finally arrived that afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk beach hut wins award for country's best
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 4 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 5 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 6 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 9 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages