Runaway Blakeney buoy turns up in Jutland 360 miles away
- Credit: Archant
A runaway buoy travelled about 360 miles from Blakeney on the north Norfolk coast to Jutland in Denmark.
A spokesman for Blakeney Harbour Association (BHA) said: 'In June we lost a green lower harbour buoy with a light during a storm.
'To our amazement in September we received an email from a man on the west coast of Denmark to say he had found the buoy on a beach near his home. 'His name was Henrik Bak Rasmussen and he found the buoy on Kaergaard beach in Jutland.'
'Charlie Ward, managing trustee of the BHA, said he could imagine the hundreds of extra miles the buoy had drifted as it zig-zagged its way there. 'The buoy was found in perfect condition, with the light still working and Charlie said how well their new BHA 'If Found' buoy labels had worked. 'The buoy was eventually shipped back to us on a pallet.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021