Rugby club among winners in latest raft of council grants
- Credit: Archant
A rugby club was among the benefificiaries in the latest round of grant-funding from a Norfolk council.
More than £14,000 was awarded from North Norfolk Distrfict Council's (NNDC) Big Society fund in November.
Fakenham Rugby Union Football Club received £4000 towards replacing existing floodlights with new energy efficient ones.
Elsewhere, All Saints Community Rooms, Mundesley received £5,165.05 towards a replacement heating system and Gresham Village Hall Association, £5000 towards the replacement of new windows and doors.
Meanwhile, Bale Village Hall received £3,115, Hempton Parish Council £3800, towards the restoration of the village duck pond, Trunch Parochial Church Council, £1000 towards a colour printer and Great Snoring Social Club £3500 towards new-style furniture.
Council leader Sarah Bütikofer said: "I am delighted the council has once again been able to support a broad range of interest groups to deliver their initiatives for communities."
NNDC has awarded over £1,961,752 to 268 community projects since 2012.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 5 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 6 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
- 10 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light