Rugby club among winners in latest raft of council grants
- Credit: Archant
A rugby club was among the benefificiaries in the latest round of grant-funding from a Norfolk council.
More than £14,000 was awarded from North Norfolk Distrfict Council's (NNDC) Big Society fund in November.
Fakenham Rugby Union Football Club received £4000 towards replacing existing floodlights with new energy efficient ones.
Elsewhere, All Saints Community Rooms, Mundesley received £5,165.05 towards a replacement heating system and Gresham Village Hall Association, £5000 towards the replacement of new windows and doors.
Meanwhile, Bale Village Hall received £3,115, Hempton Parish Council £3800, towards the restoration of the village duck pond, Trunch Parochial Church Council, £1000 towards a colour printer and Great Snoring Social Club £3500 towards new-style furniture.
You may also want to watch:
Council leader Sarah Bütikofer said: "I am delighted the council has once again been able to support a broad range of interest groups to deliver their initiatives for communities."
NNDC has awarded over £1,961,752 to 268 community projects since 2012.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats