Rugby club among winners in latest raft of council grants
- Credit: Archant
A rugby club was among the benefificiaries in the latest round of grant-funding from a Norfolk council.
More than £14,000 was awarded from North Norfolk Distrfict Council's (NNDC) Big Society fund in November.
Fakenham Rugby Union Football Club received £4000 towards replacing existing floodlights with new energy efficient ones.
Elsewhere, All Saints Community Rooms, Mundesley received £5,165.05 towards a replacement heating system and Gresham Village Hall Association, £5000 towards the replacement of new windows and doors.
Meanwhile, Bale Village Hall received £3,115, Hempton Parish Council £3800, towards the restoration of the village duck pond, Trunch Parochial Church Council, £1000 towards a colour printer and Great Snoring Social Club £3500 towards new-style furniture.
You may also want to watch:
Council leader Sarah Bütikofer said: "I am delighted the council has once again been able to support a broad range of interest groups to deliver their initiatives for communities."
NNDC has awarded over £1,961,752 to 268 community projects since 2012.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Happisburgh Lighthouse reopens to the public