Rugby club among winners in latest raft of council grants
- Credit: Archant
A rugby club was among the benefificiaries in the latest round of grant-funding from a Norfolk council.
More than £14,000 was awarded from North Norfolk Distrfict Council's (NNDC) Big Society fund in November.
Fakenham Rugby Union Football Club received £4000 towards replacing existing floodlights with new energy efficient ones.
Elsewhere, All Saints Community Rooms, Mundesley received £5,165.05 towards a replacement heating system and Gresham Village Hall Association, £5000 towards the replacement of new windows and doors.
Meanwhile, Bale Village Hall received £3,115, Hempton Parish Council £3800, towards the restoration of the village duck pond, Trunch Parochial Church Council, £1000 towards a colour printer and Great Snoring Social Club £3500 towards new-style furniture.
Council leader Sarah Bütikofer said: "I am delighted the council has once again been able to support a broad range of interest groups to deliver their initiatives for communities."
NNDC has awarded over £1,961,752 to 268 community projects since 2012.
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 5 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 6 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 7 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast