Royal party to fly the flag for Cromer
The countdown to a summer of festivities has begun in Cromer.
The Cromer Carnival committee this week announced its royal line-up is complete following the appointments of 2016 Prince and Princess, 11-year-old Ashley Beshir and Ebony Barratt, aged eight.
They will lead the town's gala week celebrations in August, alongside Junior Attendants Sian Clarke and Trinity Sayer-Folley, both aged 13, and Miss Cromer Joanna Annison, 22, and her Senior Attendant Sammy Armstrong, all from Cromer.
Asked what it meant to represent his town following his selection, Ashley said: 'It feels amazing, I thought I did not have a chance but then I heard them call my name.'
Ebony said being the Princess was something she had always wanted and added that she was 'really happy' to be selected.
You may also want to watch:
Pat West, the compere for the selection ceremony on Sunday, said 29 girls had entered the competition and five boys.
He said: 'It is a very popular competition. We hope now they will take part in as many carnival events as they can as they will be the faces of the carnival this year.'
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 6 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 7 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
Cromer Carnival will be held from Saturday, August 13, to Friday, August 19, with Carnival Day on Wednesday, August 17.