Royal party to fly the flag for Cromer
The countdown to a summer of festivities has begun in Cromer.
The Cromer Carnival committee this week announced its royal line-up is complete following the appointments of 2016 Prince and Princess, 11-year-old Ashley Beshir and Ebony Barratt, aged eight.
They will lead the town's gala week celebrations in August, alongside Junior Attendants Sian Clarke and Trinity Sayer-Folley, both aged 13, and Miss Cromer Joanna Annison, 22, and her Senior Attendant Sammy Armstrong, all from Cromer.
Asked what it meant to represent his town following his selection, Ashley said: 'It feels amazing, I thought I did not have a chance but then I heard them call my name.'
Ebony said being the Princess was something she had always wanted and added that she was 'really happy' to be selected.
You may also want to watch:
Pat West, the compere for the selection ceremony on Sunday, said 29 girls had entered the competition and five boys.
He said: 'It is a very popular competition. We hope now they will take part in as many carnival events as they can as they will be the faces of the carnival this year.'
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Businesses launch Jack Valentine hamper scheme
Cromer Carnival will be held from Saturday, August 13, to Friday, August 19, with Carnival Day on Wednesday, August 17.