Royal inspiration proves a success at Millfield school in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk primary school is one of the first to take part in the Prince William Award programme, which helps build character and confidence.
The scheme is specially designed for young children and has been a huge success at Millfield in North Walsham.
One of the Year 4 pupils taking part, Jacob Harding, said he had enjoyed all of the programme, which had become one of the highlights of the youngsters' week.
The programme, which is run by SkillForce, helps build resilience and personal skills with the pupils taking part in various interactive challenges and games every week.
It covers five themes including relationships, personal development, working, communication and environment and the children have individual, partner or team challenges to complete.
You may also want to watch:
Each week is completely different and the challenges are not only outdoor activities but classroom-based as well, and are designed to develop self-reflection and problem solving.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?