Royal inspiration proves a success at Millfield school in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk primary school is one of the first to take part in the Prince William Award programme, which helps build character and confidence.
The scheme is specially designed for young children and has been a huge success at Millfield in North Walsham.
One of the Year 4 pupils taking part, Jacob Harding, said he had enjoyed all of the programme, which had become one of the highlights of the youngsters' week.
The programme, which is run by SkillForce, helps build resilience and personal skills with the pupils taking part in various interactive challenges and games every week.
It covers five themes including relationships, personal development, working, communication and environment and the children have individual, partner or team challenges to complete.
Each week is completely different and the challenges are not only outdoor activities but classroom-based as well, and are designed to develop self-reflection and problem solving.
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 'Norfolk was a big fortress' - man's mission to explore wartime defences