Royal inspiration proves a success at Millfield school in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk primary school is one of the first to take part in the Prince William Award programme, which helps build character and confidence.
The scheme is specially designed for young children and has been a huge success at Millfield in North Walsham.
One of the Year 4 pupils taking part, Jacob Harding, said he had enjoyed all of the programme, which had become one of the highlights of the youngsters' week.
The programme, which is run by SkillForce, helps build resilience and personal skills with the pupils taking part in various interactive challenges and games every week.
It covers five themes including relationships, personal development, working, communication and environment and the children have individual, partner or team challenges to complete.
You may also want to watch:
Each week is completely different and the challenges are not only outdoor activities but classroom-based as well, and are designed to develop self-reflection and problem solving.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 4 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 5 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 6 Trees planted as part of community project
- 7 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months