Royal British Legion prepare for Armed Forces Day in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
The Royal British Legion (RBL) are preparing to hold an annual event celebrating Armed Forces Day in Cromer.
The event will take place at the town's parish hall on Church Street, on Saturday, June 29, from 9.30am.
Members and officers of the RBL and Poppy Appeal will also be at the event outlining the work they do for military personnel.
And Cromer mayor David Pritchard said: "They are always happy to give advice to various queries they receive.
"The RBL always welcome new members and the Poppy Appeal always encourages volunteers to join collectors who make poppies available to the public each November."
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to enter and will include representatives from military organisations and service personnel, a display of model aircraft, a raffle and refreshments.
For any queries, please contact the event organiser on 01263 511270 or via the Royal British Legion Cromer Branch Facebook page.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
Members of the North Norfolk Military Vehicles Group will be at Cromer Morrisons on the same day. The group will have a jeep, motorbike and and a copy of the SAS war diary on display at this year's event.