Royal British Legion prepare for Armed Forces Day in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
The Royal British Legion (RBL) are preparing to hold an annual event celebrating Armed Forces Day in Cromer.
The event will take place at the town's parish hall on Church Street, on Saturday, June 29, from 9.30am.
Members and officers of the RBL and Poppy Appeal will also be at the event outlining the work they do for military personnel.
And Cromer mayor David Pritchard said: "They are always happy to give advice to various queries they receive.
"The RBL always welcome new members and the Poppy Appeal always encourages volunteers to join collectors who make poppies available to the public each November."
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to enter and will include representatives from military organisations and service personnel, a display of model aircraft, a raffle and refreshments.
For any queries, please contact the event organiser on 01263 511270 or via the Royal British Legion Cromer Branch Facebook page.
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 5 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing
Members of the North Norfolk Military Vehicles Group will be at Cromer Morrisons on the same day. The group will have a jeep, motorbike and and a copy of the SAS war diary on display at this year's event.