Royal Air Force legends to be remembered on running medals as part of centenary tribute
- Credit: Archant
Coltishall Jaguars Running Club is planning to hold a series of three 10km races to celebrate the distinctive heritage of their club headquarters - the old Royal Air Force Coltishall Airbase in Scottow.
The races will mark the centenary of the RAF, and medals awarded for each race will feature a different fighter plane that flew from Coltishall before its closure in 2006. Together, the medals will interlock to form an RAF roundel.
Paul Taylor, race director said: 'We think this is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for new running or fitness goals this year.
The 'Mad March Hare race' takes place on March 18 and its medal features a Gloster Javelin.
The second, awarded to all runners at the 'Mike Groves' race on June 10 depicts a Lightning. The final medal is of the Jaguar for finishers at the 'Jolly Jaguars' race on September 23.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.coltishalljaguars.co.uk for more.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats