Royal Air Force legends to be remembered on running medals as part of centenary tribute
- Credit: Archant
Coltishall Jaguars Running Club is planning to hold a series of three 10km races to celebrate the distinctive heritage of their club headquarters - the old Royal Air Force Coltishall Airbase in Scottow.
The races will mark the centenary of the RAF, and medals awarded for each race will feature a different fighter plane that flew from Coltishall before its closure in 2006. Together, the medals will interlock to form an RAF roundel.
Paul Taylor, race director said: 'We think this is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for new running or fitness goals this year.
The 'Mad March Hare race' takes place on March 18 and its medal features a Gloster Javelin.
The second, awarded to all runners at the 'Mike Groves' race on June 10 depicts a Lightning. The final medal is of the Jaguar for finishers at the 'Jolly Jaguars' race on September 23.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.coltishalljaguars.co.uk for more.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?