Royal Air Force legends to be remembered on running medals as part of centenary tribute
- Credit: Archant
Coltishall Jaguars Running Club is planning to hold a series of three 10km races to celebrate the distinctive heritage of their club headquarters - the old Royal Air Force Coltishall Airbase in Scottow.
The races will mark the centenary of the RAF, and medals awarded for each race will feature a different fighter plane that flew from Coltishall before its closure in 2006. Together, the medals will interlock to form an RAF roundel.
Paul Taylor, race director said: 'We think this is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for new running or fitness goals this year.
The 'Mad March Hare race' takes place on March 18 and its medal features a Gloster Javelin.
The second, awarded to all runners at the 'Mike Groves' race on June 10 depicts a Lightning. The final medal is of the Jaguar for finishers at the 'Jolly Jaguars' race on September 23.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.coltishalljaguars.co.uk for more.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home