Canaries’ legend Jeremy Goss guest speaker at Round Tablers’ night
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's sight loss charity has been given a £653 boost following the generosity of members of a Round Table branch.
Stalham and District Round Tablers decided to raise money for the Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind at their 45th charter night, an annual event which sees members get together for a dinner to celebrate all that is good about the organisation.
Guest speaker at the dinner was former Norwich City footballer Jeremy Goss, now head of fundraising at the charity, who talked about his legendary goal against Bayern Munich 25 years ago.
Mr Goss is planning a major cycling challenge in 2019 to raise money for the NNAB, and the money raised at the dinner will kickstart that fundraising effort.
Stalham & District Round Table president John Maitland said: 'The NNAB is such a great organisation which helps so many people in our county.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip