Round Tablers mark 60-year milestone
Sixty years of fun and fund-raising were celebrated by Sheringham and Cromer Round Table at the weekend.Guests from linked clubs in Holland, Sweden and Germany joined the 60-strong gathering to mark the diamond anniversary.
Sixty years of fun and fund-raising were celebrated by Sheringham and Cromer Round Table at the weekend.
Guests from linked clubs in Holland, Sweden and Germany joined the 60-strong gathering to mark the diamond anniversary.
The club reflected on events from its foundation in 1948 to the present day, including buying a £4,000 inshore lifeboat for Cromer in 1985 after a sponsored bike ride to twin town Crest in France.
Chairman James Howells said the attendance of the eight Tablers from Europe showed the strength of friendships formed through the club's activities over the years.
He also inducted a new member, Darren Thomas at the milestone event held at the Links Country Park Hotel, with entertainment by the Taverham Band.
Area chairman Andrew Kerry said that, after some difficult years, membership was also starting to rise across the district.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 7 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 10 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
Round Table, a worldwide movement founded in Norwich in 1927, is a club for men under the age of 45 promoting friendship through a programme of activities from talks and dinners to sporting and social events both at home and abroad.
Anyone wanting to find out more about activities should call Mr Howells on 07971 271734 or visit www.sheringhamandcromerroundtable.co.uk