Music contest heat cancelled due to low numbers
- Credit: Archant
A planned Holt heat of Rotary Young Musician of the Year competition has been cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
The heat was to be held on January 28.
Roger Percival, Rotary Club of Holt and District president, said that while some youngsters had signed up for the day, there were not enough to hold a proper heat.
He said: 'The Rotary Club of Holt and District regret that due to shortage of entrants for the Holt heat of the Young Musician of the Year on Sunday, January 28, this heat has been cancelled.
'It is hoped that the district final will go ahead as scheduled on Sunday, February 25.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Percival said Rotary were still planning for the contest's district final to go ahead at Gresham's School's Britten Building, which was opened last year as a state-of-the-art centre for music. The national competition is open to musicians up to the age of 18.
- 1 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 4 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 9 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 10 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans