Music contest heat cancelled due to low numbers
- Credit: Archant
A planned Holt heat of Rotary Young Musician of the Year competition has been cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
The heat was to be held on January 28.
Roger Percival, Rotary Club of Holt and District president, said that while some youngsters had signed up for the day, there were not enough to hold a proper heat.
He said: 'The Rotary Club of Holt and District regret that due to shortage of entrants for the Holt heat of the Young Musician of the Year on Sunday, January 28, this heat has been cancelled.
'It is hoped that the district final will go ahead as scheduled on Sunday, February 25.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Percival said Rotary were still planning for the contest's district final to go ahead at Gresham's School's Britten Building, which was opened last year as a state-of-the-art centre for music. The national competition is open to musicians up to the age of 18.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival