North Walsham business plans bumper 40th birthday celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A family-run tourism business in Norfolk is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year with a host of special events planned over the next 12 months.
Rossis, based at Tungate in North Walsham, has a rich heritage going back at least six generations.
It was started in the late 1970s when John and Betty Rossi saw the opportunity to diversify their farming business.
With a keen interest in sport, they opened an indoor bowls and squash club adjacent to the family farm.
Today Rossis has grown into a multi-use site boasting a gym, fitness classes, squash courts, luxury indoor swimming pool and poolside spa, bowls, physiotherapy and personal training, plus function rooms and a bar/bistro.
You may also want to watch:
Located on the same site is JR's - Stomp Dine Strike – a fun destination for all the family with indoor play, tenpin bowling and an all-American style diner.
Rossis is starting its celebrations with a request for people to share their memories, stories and photographs of the business for a #Rossis40th Timeline & Memory Capsule.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
The capsule will be unveiled at a birthday bash later in the year which will take place alongside a series of special commemorative events. Owner, Bruce Rossi, said the business had built a 'notable reputation' in North Walsham.
'Our ethos remains an absolute passion for bringing the community together,' he said.
'Rossis has seen a huge amount of action in its 40-year history and we can't wait for the next 40 years.'
He said a celebratory bowls match against Norfolk County teams would take place in December as part of the events scheduled for the year.
'We're also planning on holding an exhibition squash match bringing together some of the squash players that started their squash careers at Rossis and have gone on to achieve huge success in the world rankings.'
There will be also be plenty of promotions and activities for the public to get involved in.
'This 40th year will bring together a diverse programme of events and some surprises too created to showcase the best of Rossis over the years and to create a conversation with customers both old and new,' said Mr Rossi.
'It really is going to be a special year!'
To find out more visit the company at: Rossis