New Holt mayor is a former businessman
- Credit: Archant
The new mayor of Holt has been the official photographer for the town's festival for 11 years.
Rodney Smith, who lives in Holt with wife Brenda, was elected at the annual town council meeting on May 13.
He has previously served on the town council and was re-elected for a further term.
Having spent 15 years in business across the continent, he semi-retired to Holt in 2007.
He serves on the Holt 1940s and Holt Lights teams and is a member of Holt Chamber of Commerce (Love Holt).
You may also want to watch:
The town council's new vice-chairman Phil Wright is a lifelong resident. He took early retirement four years ago following a career as a management consultant, which took him around the world. Since his retirement he has been an active member of the community, both as a volunteer and as a co-opted town councillor, prior to being elected this year.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 5 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 6 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 7 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 8 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 9 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 10 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row