New Holt mayor is a former businessman
- Credit: Archant
The new mayor of Holt has been the official photographer for the town's festival for 11 years.
Rodney Smith, who lives in Holt with wife Brenda, was elected at the annual town council meeting on May 13.
He has previously served on the town council and was re-elected for a further term.
Having spent 15 years in business across the continent, he semi-retired to Holt in 2007.
He serves on the Holt 1940s and Holt Lights teams and is a member of Holt Chamber of Commerce (Love Holt).
You may also want to watch:
The town council's new vice-chairman Phil Wright is a lifelong resident. He took early retirement four years ago following a career as a management consultant, which took him around the world. Since his retirement he has been an active member of the community, both as a volunteer and as a co-opted town councillor, prior to being elected this year.
- 1 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 2 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 8 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 9 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 10 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks