New Holt mayor is a former businessman
- Credit: Archant
The new mayor of Holt has been the official photographer for the town's festival for 11 years.
Rodney Smith, who lives in Holt with wife Brenda, was elected at the annual town council meeting on May 13.
He has previously served on the town council and was re-elected for a further term.
Having spent 15 years in business across the continent, he semi-retired to Holt in 2007.
He serves on the Holt 1940s and Holt Lights teams and is a member of Holt Chamber of Commerce (Love Holt).
You may also want to watch:
The town council's new vice-chairman Phil Wright is a lifelong resident. He took early retirement four years ago following a career as a management consultant, which took him around the world. Since his retirement he has been an active member of the community, both as a volunteer and as a co-opted town councillor, prior to being elected this year.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?