Volunteers needed to help the RNLI reduce loss of life at sea
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help serve the RNLI and an open recruitment day is being held at Sheringham lifeboat station.
Roles to fill include lifeboat crew, shore crew, lifeboat shop volunteers and team members to help promote the RNLI.
An RNLI spokesman said: 'Our lifeboat men and women are all volunteers. They come from all walks of life, and are prepared to help in a variety of ways.
'The occupation list of our station makes for fascinating reading because it demonstrates the diversity of people who are prepared to play their role to help reduce the loss of life at sea.
'Today less than 10pc of all new crew members come with a maritime background but we can train them all. Importantly for every crew member we need at least twice as many non-seagoing volunteers to help with the day to day management.'
You may also want to watch:
The event is on Wednesday, April 4 from 3pm.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 8 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck