RNLI lifeguards begin patrols on many north Norfolk beaches
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
RNLI lifeguards will return to many north Norfolk beaches this weekend.
Wells-next-the-sea, Sheringham East, West Runton, East Runton and Cromer West beaches will be patrolled daily from 10am to 6pm, starting on Saturday, July 6 until Sunday, September 8.
RNLI lifeguard supervisor Liam Fayle-Parr said: "Our lifeguards are looking forward to returning to the beaches and have completed all vital training to ensure the safety of all beach goers.
"95pc of our role is about prevention and at this time we would like to remind everyone how important it is to swim at a lifeguarded beach and to swim between the red and yellow flags.
"We will be on hand to assist the public with anything from safety information and advice, to tide times and missing children."
You may also want to watch:
Other beaches in the area have been patrolled daily since Saturday, May 25. Sheringham West, Cromer East, Mundesley and Sea Palling beaches will see an increase in the number of lifeguards patrolling from Saturday.
Sarah Butikofer, Leader of North Norfolk District Council, said: "I'm delighted that the lifeguards will be starting their patrols on the other beaches this weekend.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
"It marks the start of the peak season, and it is very reassuring to have these dedicated professionals back on our Blue Flag beaches. The safety of all beach-users is a top priority and I would urge everyone to follow their advice and guidance."