Holt retired mens’ club welcomes fundraiser for talk about visit to China
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Holt retired businessmen's club enjoyed a talk about one woman's experience travelling in Asia.
The Holt and District Probus Club welcomed Catherine Hull to their meeting on Thursday, July 5 for a talk about her visit to the Great Wall of China.
Miss Hull visited the Wall in October 2016 to fundraise for the young people's cancer charity, CLIC Sargent, and she raised more than £3,160 during the six day trip.
A spokesperson for the club said: 'There were places where they had to climb down the face of the Wall to avoid forbidden stretches and then had to climb up again when the closed area had been bypassed.
'Although the impression often given by photographs is that the Wall is almost like a level highway, in places it is more like rock climbing.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hull said she was inspired to take part in fundraising events for charity after her father passed away from cancer 11 years ago.
She has taken part in several charity challenges over the years, including a skydive and her trip to China.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 6 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 10 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
Club members meet for lunch on the first Thursday of each month at the Feathers Hotel, in Holt.
Membership enquiries should be made to Alan Holmes, on 01263 710782.