Holt retired mens’ club welcomes fundraiser for talk about visit to China
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Holt retired businessmen's club enjoyed a talk about one woman's experience travelling in Asia.
The Holt and District Probus Club welcomed Catherine Hull to their meeting on Thursday, July 5 for a talk about her visit to the Great Wall of China.
Miss Hull visited the Wall in October 2016 to fundraise for the young people's cancer charity, CLIC Sargent, and she raised more than £3,160 during the six day trip.
A spokesperson for the club said: 'There were places where they had to climb down the face of the Wall to avoid forbidden stretches and then had to climb up again when the closed area had been bypassed.
'Although the impression often given by photographs is that the Wall is almost like a level highway, in places it is more like rock climbing.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hull said she was inspired to take part in fundraising events for charity after her father passed away from cancer 11 years ago.
She has taken part in several charity challenges over the years, including a skydive and her trip to China.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 3 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Lorry crashes into powerlines in Cromer town centre
- 8 WATCH: Fish and chip shop oil thieves caught on camera
- 9 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
Club members meet for lunch on the first Thursday of each month at the Feathers Hotel, in Holt.
Membership enquiries should be made to Alan Holmes, on 01263 710782.