Holt retired mens’ club welcomes fundraiser for talk about visit to China
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Holt retired businessmen's club enjoyed a talk about one woman's experience travelling in Asia.
The Holt and District Probus Club welcomed Catherine Hull to their meeting on Thursday, July 5 for a talk about her visit to the Great Wall of China.
Miss Hull visited the Wall in October 2016 to fundraise for the young people's cancer charity, CLIC Sargent, and she raised more than £3,160 during the six day trip.
A spokesperson for the club said: 'There were places where they had to climb down the face of the Wall to avoid forbidden stretches and then had to climb up again when the closed area had been bypassed.
'Although the impression often given by photographs is that the Wall is almost like a level highway, in places it is more like rock climbing.'
Miss Hull said she was inspired to take part in fundraising events for charity after her father passed away from cancer 11 years ago.
She has taken part in several charity challenges over the years, including a skydive and her trip to China.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 5 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 6 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Lifeboat rescues seasick crew on struggling 45ft cruiser
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
Club members meet for lunch on the first Thursday of each month at the Feathers Hotel, in Holt.
Membership enquiries should be made to Alan Holmes, on 01263 710782.