Retired carer ‘devastated’ after losing gold locket worn for 40 years
- Credit: Archant
A retired carer said she has been left 'devastated' after losing a gold locket she has worn every day for 40 years.
Ann Eccleston lost the heart-shaped gold locket in Cromer on Friday, January 11.
Mrs Eccleston, 75, said: 'I had worn it almost every day for over 40 years - it is very sentimental to me as it has a lock of my dog's hair in it and pictures of my husband, daughter and grandson.'
She added: 'I wear it to remember my old neighbour who was like a mum to me and died in my arms.
'You can imagine how devastated I am.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Eccleston, from Weybourne, had to take the locket off for an appointment at Cromer hospital.
She said: 'My husband gave it back to me when we were in the car and I must have not put it on properly.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
'I got home and felt my neck - I realised it was gone.'
Mrs Eccleston retraced her steps looking for the locket, and asked anyone who finds it to email her on AnnEccleston @btinternet.com.