Reports of dog dying after eating contaminated fish on Norfolk beach spark warnings
- Credit: citizenside.com
Dog walkers have been warned to be careful with their pets after social media reports of a dog dying after eating a fish that had washed up on a north Norfolk beach.
The incident is understood to have occurred on the beach at Cley.
The Hunstanton Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI) encouraged people to share the warning from their Facebook and Twitter pages.
The post read: 'Warning: there are reports of dead fish washing up along the north Norfolk coast.'
The RNLI also said that a dog had been taken to the vets just an hour after ingesting one of the fish.
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Please keep a close eye on your dogs if you are enjoying a New Year's Day beach stroll.'
The Norfolk Wildlife Trust also posted a warning on Facebook advising dog walkers to be extra cautious.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 3 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 6 Man guilty of manslaughter after fatal stabbing over £10 drug debt
- 7 What would you bury in time capsule under new swimming pool?
- 8 Climate and planning among new councillors' priorities
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
It read: 'Dog owners: we have had a report of a dog dying after eating a dead fish washed up on Cley beach yesterday.'
Have you been affected by what's happened?